Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gobble! Gobble!


Happy Thanksgiving!

We're looking forward to this Thanksgiving, as this will be the first time that we will contribute the turkey. John bought a frier and the bird is thawing (slowly, might I add) in our refrigerator. Thankfully, we're doing the frying at Mom & Dad's where we can have nice safe distance from other homes and a "lake" nearby (not sure if it's really large enough to be considered a lake, but Mom likes to call it that) just in case!

I think we're planning a morning of shopping at Sam's - well, for breakfast at least, on Friday. John is already taken care of and our other gifts for family are still up in the air. Shopping isn't so much the objective, as we tend to just enjoy the sport of it (and the complete deliriousness from little sleep and being out at 6:00 AM).

We are also looking forward to ice skating Friday evening at the BOK center! How exciting that we'll have our own outdoor ice rink, if but for a month? I hope this tradition sticks in Tulsa, and especially downtown. We need this kind of activity. I think I'll try to go out there at least once a week.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'd love to have lunch soon. I'll let you know, probably the week after Christmas. Hopefully we can work something out. Can you email me your cell phone number again?

    ReplyDelete