Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wicked!

After nearly a year of waiting for tickets to go on sale for Wicked, it's finally happened! And to my surprise, they were less expensive than I thought they would be. The OKC show was in the $175 - $300 range when the show passed through there (last summer?). You can't beat $80 for orchestra seats (at least compared to the above prices - ouch!). No hiding my excitement. And I'm going with KM, Laura, and Mom, which will make it that much more enjoyable. I have a feeling my inbox, facebook, and myspace pages will now be inundated with countdowns to the July show by my two sisters.

The snow on Saturday would have been more enjoyable had it not been for cheerleading tryouts that morning (I am still wondering how I was talked into being the assistant coach for the 09-10 squad) and the dinner & auction that evening. While I judged tryouts, the rest of our office was at the hotel, worrying that no one would show up. They did (Thank you Lord!) and the event was successful. On Sunday, we went out to Mom & Dad's to partake in some sledding in what was left of their snow. The run was so packed down and caused my "old snowboarding injury" to flare up again and the saplings growing near the bottom of our run inflicted numerous scratches on everyone but me. It was the bum tailbone that saved me from the trees! Pictures coming . . . maybe . . . but not of my rear, I promise!

4 comments:

  1. Love the new blog look! Um, cocoa powder! of course, you still need to add brown sugar to make it sweet. I love Nutella too, in fact, I had a whole blog post dedicated to it a while back! I think it's just as good for you as peanut butter!

    Cheerleading coach? Kinda funny! How did you get involved in that? Did you ever get my comment about being interested in your "interest" in junior high girls? Especially if I get this job teaching 7th grade this year, you're right, it's such a tender age.

    I missed it, where is Wicked playing? I'd love to see it someday.

    ok, still would like to have that lunch sometime. easier said than done, it's a crazy busy time of year for us. maybe when Blake is out of school for the summer i can leave the kids home with him on one of my days off and come meet you.

    Sorry for the long comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nutella is worth it's own blog! It's like smearing a truffle on your toast. I think the hazel nuts add nutritional value, I'm sure. And chocolate is good for you, so they say (and I'm not about to argue with "they").

    Word got out to the cheer coach that I was on a dance team in college and she tracked me down and sucked me into it . . . I've met most of the moms and it sounds like they are hoping I will mellow out the head coach. She creates drama and I try my best to bring it back down to reality.

    My office is next door to our elementary counselor and I'm thinking that by the time these girls are in jr. high, they will mentally be where our generation was in late high school. The drama they are already creating amongst themselves is insane! There is one group already concerned about whether or not they'll get into a sorority in college!!!

    Now I'm thinking 4th grade might be the best time to prepare them for all the craziness ahead of them.

    After April 18th, I'm home free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, definitely a good instance to trust in "they!"

    I will be more open after April 18th too. I'm taking a big teacher test (OPTE) on that day that I'm trying to cram for in every spare minute!

    I think I am constantly disheartened at the reality of how kids are different and evolving today. I think teaching will be a rewarding job in that aspect - instill some old fashioned values!

    Do you work during the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teacher tests! Yuck! That is a lot to deal with. Good luck! I work through the summer, but shorter days and only 1/2 days on Friday.

    ReplyDelete