Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Java! Java! Java!

It's been one of those days. I've been really good about cutting back on my Starbucks (only because I've been sleeping too late to allow enough time to stop by on my way to work) but I have had TWO - yes, TWO stops today. But like I said - it's been one of those days. I have 1500 slides sitting on my desk and they must all be organized so that I can ship them off for scanning. All these slides and only one carousel, which means they are just all tossed into a box, with no rhyme or reason. Yes, they do have years on the outside, but someone managed to ignore this system and just threw them into whichever box was closest. I'm not bitter. And cheap rubberbands! I am budling these slides and the rubberbands that are purchased for office use are tiny and brittle. I grabbed about 200 and over half have snapped in two and shot across the office and into the hallway. Fortunately, I have not put anyone's eye out - yet.
So, trip number two to Starbucks did produce a great "The Way I See It" (and a great Americano - they were generous with the extra shot):

I used to feel so alone in the
city. All those gazillions of people and then me, on the outside.
Because how do you meet a new person? I was very stumped by this for many
years. And then I realized, you just say "Hi". They may ignore you.
Or you may marry them. And that possibility is worth that one word.

- Augensten Burroughs, Author of "Running with Scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment